Thursday, May 27, 2010

Expressive Series Pt 7

Expressive Follow-Up


This piece took a fairly short period of time to accomplish. Every thing I tried with this one worked! The color scheme came together right from the start and the effects worked for me the first time around. It is exciting when a piece flows this smoothly from beginning to end.  I really "get into" the piece and am worn out when it is has been finished. I love the particular shade of purples and blues I got with this. This has to be one of my favorites thus far in this series. I have 15 working titles for this series with this particular painting being number seven. This is a first for me. By this I mean that I have the titles first and paintings second. It is usually the other way around because the painting will tell me the title.


Thanks for viewing and comments and critiques are encouraged! Cheers!




(p.s. finished photos from the mural will come up in the next post. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Vicky, for letting me use her camera!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment