Friday, August 20, 2010

Painted Series Part One


Painted Enjoyment


The pieces in this series are all mask images. Nearly all of mask designs that will be seen in this series were inspired from my trip to Maui two summers ago. My influences for my mask designs took on another component with the many tiki masks that can be seen everywhere on the islands. My other influences include the Kabuki theatre in Japan and the First Nations totem designs, particularly of the Northwest Pacific region.


These masks were drawn, then scanned, and color added in Photoshop. when the piece was finished, the first emotion I felt when I viewed the piece fresh, (usually the next day) the emotion became part of the title.


This piece made me feel that the "mask" or "character" was having a "good time" enjoying whatever it may have been doing or getting ready to do.


More to come. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment