Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Eyes of Flame

Going back to the "abstract" here. This is my most recent digital abstract . This piece has several dozen layers, numerous "effects", shrinking, multiple copies, flipped vertically and horizontally, portions erased, and several weeks of experimentation to the point that I would have to go back and try and find the original sketch that started this piece.

This was one of those pieces that came slowly, ideas that were tried and thrown out because it just wasn't working or could not push past the visual blocks I was having.

I put this piece away for over a month until, finally, in the span of roughly half an hour, everything I did, clicked. Feels good to get this one done!!

This particular image is a smaller section of the over-all artwork. I'll post the larger work in a few days.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment