Thursday, June 23, 2011

Abstract Splatter and Spread Intro

This next series of work begins with my past acrylic work, re-worked digitally (in Photoshop). 
I have picked several abstract acrylic paintings, those I feel will work with the idea I have for this series, and made a digital copy of the piece to start the process. That is it for the "planning". Where I go from there is up to my mood, imagination, and desire. I have several completed thus far and the process from start to finish has varied greatly. Several hours to several days has been the range thus far. All the work thus far has been "gut reaction" as various effects, colors, and layers are experimented with. I plan to continue with this type of process for the remainder of the series.


with that being said, here is the first piece. Enjoy


Sun Crawler





(from the acrylic painting "Sun Melt")

No comments:

Post a Comment