Sunday, April 4, 2010

The "Expressive" Series


Starting with this piece, I will be featuring artwork from the digital painting series "Expressive"

These works are about movement. Not a chosen path for you to follow, but a path for you to make up on your own while viewing. Color is used as a tool to help view. The work is abstract and contains no subject matter. Simply an expression of color and movement. Enjoy

The first piece is entitled "Expressive". This piece was done two years ago and is the catalyst for this series. It is also the piece that I have taken the title for the series from. (obvious, huh?) I was listening to music while "painting" this piece and letting my hand do the talking and my eyes the listening. Experimenting has a strong presence in this piece. I tried to keep going on this piece because I did not want to finish it The ideas kept coming while going through the process of this creation and there were becoming too many paths to follow.

It came to me that one had to finish sometime but I could continue with new works., thus the series was born. more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment