Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The "Expressive" Series pt 2

So, here is number 2 of the series.

"Expressive Again"

Get use to these titles. I did not want to name the pieces "Expressive No. 1", "Expressive No. 2" and so on. Seems that numbering each work was without imagination and would not compliment the pieces. So I am going with "words" to describe each successive piece. With this particular piece, I played heavily with the effects options on each of the layers before "flattening" the piece. This turned out to be quite fun and I came up with some interesting color combinations during the early stages. I have been keeping notes as to what I have been doing so I can work these ideas on upcoming paintings. If the ideas and thoughts keep producing at the level that I have enjoyed thus far with this series, it may be a while before I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment