Saturday, April 10, 2010

The "Expressive" Series Part 3


Expressive Also

I had a specific starting point in this piece. I wanted to use the three primary colors (the colors that I was taught in color theory, not RGB or CYM, that reign now as the color terminology with all the computer use) Good old fashioned real, messy, get all over yourself, COLOR. I first did a painting of the colors I wanted to use to get an idea of what the piece would look like and what shades and hues I could create naturally. For me, this helps in the thought process but can be dangerous because it also creates alot of additional paths that I want to follow. Subsequent work may actually include scanning the painting and working from there. Could be very interesting. (this is one of those "paths" mentioned!)
Again, this piece expresses movement of color and what can happen when two colors meet. Enjoy and Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment