Sunday, April 18, 2010

The "Expressive" Series Part 4

"Expressive As Well"

This piece uses the four "colors" I most commonly begin with when I start the "color" process in my work. I should state these are my favorite colors. Specifically, Teal/Turquoise, a Warm Red, a Yellow Ochre, and a Black/dark Grey. Once these colors are composed, I'll work with hues and shades of each to further the piece along. Now that the colors have been worked, the next step is using the "effects" In this piece, I strictly used the "liquefy" effect to establish pattern and direction. A lot of experimenting that took a bit of time to finally get what I wanted with this piece. Fortunately, I can create copies of the main layer and use these copies without losing the original piece. Once the experimenting stage is completed, that particular copy is saved as the final piece.

Now that the "technical" aspect has been talked about, let's look at the mental process. You know, better I stay away from that aspect. I'm having a tough time getting followers as it is!! LOL

So enjoy this piece and look for another posting in about a week. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment