Monday, April 26, 2010

The "Expressive" Series Part 5

Expressive Continued

This piece started out not included in this series. I had the color work on this piece becoming quite the struggle. It was becoming frustrating because I could not find a solution that I was happy with. So, I put the piece "away" for a couple of months. When I started to specifically work on ideas for this series, this painting came to mind. I incorporated the specific effects (that I have used on all artwork in this series thus far) into the work and came up with the result you now see. Some work will come easily to me, this one was a struggle. Every once in a while, I need this struggle because it makes me go outside my comfort zone and try new ideas or use ideas from previous successes and experiment.

Next post I may be taking a break from this series and show some "progress" pictures of a mural I am currently working on in my home. We shall see.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment