Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Expressive Series, Part 6

Expressive Etcetera

I had planned to take a break from this series and start with the first mural I am doing in my home. As per usual with my traditional acrylic paintings, changes to the "plan" have occurred and I'll be delaying the postings for the mural for at least another week. These changes have been positive and are a result of continued experimentation with the overall image as well as color ideas that "pop up" during the process. Stay tuned for the mural.

Now, on with this installment of the Expressive Series. How are the titles working thus far? Make sense? I find this a bit more fun and challenging than just going with a number sequence. I played a bit more with the effects on this one. Several attempts were needed to get what I was trying to picture in my mind. I like this piece, especially the green area. Green is a color that is very low on the totem pole as a color I like to work with. I can't really put my finger on why I don't like the color, but one must step outside the comfort zone. I have gotten better over the past few years in my refusal to use the color. I still like blue better and came very close to using blue instead of the green for this piece. After finishing the piece, I like the way the colors move and work within the piece. My eye is constantly moving over and around and through the piece.
Makes me want to try using green again...

...maybe.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment