Monday, June 21, 2010

Sharpie Art (Part Four)

Open Bridges


another pen and ink abstract drawing. I have been asked that if I do any "Photoshop" on these works. The only thing I do is adjust the brightness and contrast so the image can be seen clearly. Any "smudge" marks or "ink test" lines I "erase" from the final image. My sketchbooks have a habit of getting very messy during use. Coffee/Coke (the caramel-brown liquid of awesome tastiness) stains, rings, and various other elements (bug splats) tend to "show up" during the process of filling up the book with sketches. These things can be cleared once scanned in and visually "edited" with Photoshop. I have rarely been "neat" in my process (my textile work can definitely attest to this) of doing my artwork. I find if I'm thinking about the mess, I lose focus on the art. 


(Hmmm, I'm gonna use that last sentence as a personal quote!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment