Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sharpie Art (Part One)

Cogs

I'm going to start a new series of works with this post. I call it "Sharpie Art" because all of the ink drawings are done with a Ultra Fine point Sharpie pen. I have been doing this type of work, off and on, for a whole lotta years. What got me started was sitting in a classroom and "doodling" on the sides of paper during lectures. While I was in art school, I expanded on these doodles and put more time, lots of time, into these works. I did several 18" X 24" pieces that took several days to complete. These completed pieces were part of a show I did in the student gallery at school. Since that time, I have not done too any ink abstract drawings. About a month ago, I came across a "Sharpie Art" group on Deviant Art. I joined this group and since I needed new art to submit, I started the ink abstract drawings once again. I'm not working as big as before but I am re-discovering the fun I had doing these abstract works. Enjoy!

1 comment: