Friday, August 27, 2010

Acrylic Work (pt 1)


Wicked Literal 5


(The words "wicked literal" come from dialogue spoken in the television show "Bones" that my wife and I watch repeatedly.) 


The title I came up with for this piece was simply "5" because I used only five colors. My wife commented that I was being "wicked literal" in this title. I had a good laugh and decided to include her comment in the title.


As may be seen by some, the influence of Jackson Pollock can be noted in this piece.  I see Pollock as a strong influence on my abstract work, especially my acrylic paintings. As started with this piece, it is about the process. How the paint drips, splats, drops, flung and the patterns made from this, is my focus and path. I started small, but will be moving to bigger pieces. 


The only downside to this is that I will have to move into the garage to work on the bigger pieces and may have to wait till Spring to really "do some paintin".  It will be messy because I do not want to hold back or have in limitations while painting.  I have several small (like this one) pieces in various stages and will get these posted once completed.


I am really interested in comments on this piece and future abstract acrylics. Please leave a note if you can!


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment