Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sketch Work 2 Pt 1



Poke and Prod


going back to simply just "doodling" and seeing what comes visually. I love this work because there is absolutely no planning at all. I simply sit down, put on some music, grab pad and pen and start making lines, curves and whatever. It is intriguing to see what appears on the paper after an hour or two. 


This drawing took about 45 minutes over several days. I like to come back to certain works. Alot will depend on how I'm feeling at the time. I may sit for hours (though this requires extensive exercise once completed. The body is made for motion not stillness) or I may go for 15-20 minutes at one sitting.  Like I said, depends on my mood. Anyway over the past few days,  I have done several of these types of abstract pieces. I'll post these over the next few days or weeks.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment